SUPPLYING ARTWORK (Acceptable Vector Artwork Formats)
Digital artwork must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in black only vector format.
Please ensure that the job number is clearly stated in the subject field of your email.
Accept formats are:Adobe illustrator (Al or ESP – must be version 8 or lower)
CorelDraw (CDR – any version from 9 to 12)
- All texts must be converted to curves/paths.
- All outlines must be converted to object/paths.
- All objects/paths must be combined and not grouped.
- All geometry must be of a professional quality with a reasonable amount of nodes (control points).
- A vector format file containing embedded bitmaps is not a true vector artwork and therefore cannot be used.
- White geometry cannot be used as a mask to hide any parts of design.
- Overlapping geometries must be welded to form one path.
There will be not art charges for use of this type of work
If the above guidelines are not met then art charges will be incurred, Goldgenie T&C apply.
Acceptable bitmap digital artwork formats
B/W bitmaps (TIFF, JPG, BMP, and @300dpi scanned 5 x actual mark size – max A4) can be used but will incur additional conversion charge as stated in our current price guide.
All conversion work must be authorised by Email. Verbal instruction to process artwork will not be accepted.
Variable data; Personalisation – serialisation
Variable data (Names, serial numbers, etc) MUST be sent as an Excel file with one variable per cell, all within column A. Each engraving position is taken one cell at a time, for example cell A1 = John Smith. Type must be sent case sensitive. Front type, alignment, colour, etc are not important. Other file formats cannot be accepted for input of variable data.
We do not accept artwork in film or printed format.
If you are still unsure about the required artwork format, please call our design department on 0845 463 8973 or email email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for your correctness or verification of your digital artwork.