Let’s face it: we’ve all been waiting with a little baited breath. Smartphone extraordinaires, masters of design and one of Goldgenie’s favourite partners, Apple is more than a little bit special, and any event they throw is a big deal. So as we gathered round to watch the live stream last night, to say we were keen to see what’s next – well, that would be an understatement.
The main focus of the event was on the launch of the brand new iPhone 5S and its mid-range sidekick iPhone 5C. And yes, we’re pleased to say after much speculation that Apple has launched the Gold iPhone 5S! (Gold coloured that is – if you want the real thing you’ll have to come to us.) The iPhone 5S key features are:
• Hugely swifter browsing and processing speeds: An incredibly sophisticated processor – a 64-bit A7 Processor, to be exact (a world first for a smartphone). Not to mention more than 1 billion transistors, 100 square mm die, 2x floating points registers and 2x general purpose registers. In other words, it’s fast. In fact, Apple says the processor is twice as swift as that of the iPhone 5, and a massive 56 times as fast as the first iPhone.
• Incredible new motion monitoring: A brand new ‘M7’ Processor continuously monitors motion, facilitating all sorts of benefits including an entirely “new generation of health and fitness apps” such as Nike’s ‘Nike+ Move’.
• Enhanced security with ‘Touch ID’ fingerprint recognition: Now there’s no need to worry about bothering with passcodes. The new Touch ID stores your unique fingerprint information so one swipe from you in any direction unlocks your phone. You can even purchase from the iTunes store, quite literally through your fingertips. And since there is no fingerprint back-up on any central database, you don’t have to worry about identity theft.
• Better battery life: The new battery gives you 250 hours standby and 10 hours 3G talk time.
• Brand new camera that’s better in the dark: The new camera boasts a 15% bigger active sensor area; an f/2.2 aperture; sophisticated, updated software to enable better pictures and a ‘True Tone’ flash to bring nights out to life.
• Sophisticated video capture: You can enjoy up to 120 FPS video recording with the new Slo-mo camera.
Apple’s chief of design, Sir Jony Ive, said: “It’s not just rampant tech for tech’s sake. Every component and process has been considered and measured to make sure it’s truly useful and enhances the user experience.”
The new iPhone 5S is available in 3 colours: black, “space grey” and gold/white and silver/white.
Also announced was the launch of the iPhone 5C, a new mid-range handset in a range of plastic casing colours, offering users specs along the lines of the previous generation iPhone 5, for a lower cost.
Other Apple news included:
• All new iOS powered devices come with iWork free as standard
• Epic Games’ Infinity Blade 3 is set to be released, with an iPhone 5S specially designed 64 bit version.
• The iOS 7 operating system will be free for the iPhone 4 and beyond, iPad 2 and beyond, and the iPod Touch beginning with 5th generation. It is set to be released on 18th September.
So, more about refinement than reinventing the wheel for its own sake, here at Goldgenie, we approve. Faster, safer, slicker, but with that iPhone charm as standard. Who wants to mess up a good thing?
You can pre-order the 24 CT Gold iPhone 5S Elite now. We will be making official announcements regarding the the rest of the 2013/14 Goldgenie iPhone 5S lineup this week.