World Marrow Fund Diversity Program NEW
Patient care & support via the Caribbean Bone Marrow Registry
The Caribbean Basin has the unique distinction of a myriad of different cultures and ethnicities melded together by historical and geographic factors to yield a mosaic of physical and genetic features. As a result of this mixture, individuals descended from this gene pool have a distinct genetic makeup. This makes it difficult to find a match for those stricken with hematological and auto-immune diseases, in need of a stem cell/bone marrow transplant. http://caribbeanmarrow.org/
There is 39 million registered donors in worldwide registries. The likelihood of finding a match varies, from 77 percent in Caucasians, Latino 45 percent, Asians 40 percent, African descent 25 percent, and Mixed 20 percent.
- World Marrow Fund Diversity Program, encourages individuals from underrepresented groups to go to their local registries to register as potential donors.
- Patient care & support via the Caribbean Bone Marrow Registry
- Scholarships for the children of deceased patients
- Orphanage in Suriname
How can I help?
1. Buy a Goldgenie Rose and we’ll donate £30 to the World Marrow Fund:
2. Adopt us on amazon smile. When you shop on Amazon they will make a donation at no additional cost to you, just by clicking the following link:
3. For additional ways to donate please click: